Joint White Paper-Supply Chain Vendor Identification, Draft Guideline- SC Procurement Language, More
· FERC and NERC White Paper on Supply Chain Vendor Identification
The purpose of this white paper is to help the electric sector identify vendors of components on their networks so that they can take any necessary action to mitigate potential risks to the bulk power system. Specifically, this white paper identifies several noninvasive techniques that security professionals may use to identify vendors of a well-known and often-targeted component known as a network interface controller (NIC).
· Draft Security Guideline: Supply Chain Procurement Language
A draft version of this guideline has been posted on the NERC website for industry comment. Comments are to be submitted via email by 5:00 p.m. Eastern on September 21, 2020, using the posted comment form.
· 2020 ERCOT and Texas RE Generator Weatherization Workshop
The subject workshop will be held on September 3, 2020, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Central via WebEx. This training is designed for QSEs, conventional Generation Owners, and Operators to learn best practices, lessons learned, and improvements for generator reliability during winter weather.
· NERC Monitoring and Situational Awareness Technical Conference
The North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) will host its eighth annual Monitoring and Situational Awareness Technical Conference via Webex. The theme of this year’s conference is “Energy Management System Reliability and Resiliency in the Pandemic.” There will be three (3) different conference sessions to choose from:
- Session 1 | September 24, 2020 | 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Eastern
Overview of the bulk power system situational awareness, including EMS performance.
- Session 2 | October 15, 2020 | 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Eastern
- Session 3 | November 10, 2020 | 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Eastern
Industry responses to COVID-19.